We are a museum dedicated mostly to mining, in particular Bilsthorpe Colliery which closed in 1997, Seventy-two years after first sinking in 1925. We are run totally by volunteers, including many colliers from Bilsthorpe Mine.
We are all passionate about keeping the mining heritage in Bilsthorpe and Nottinghamshire alive for future generations. We have records of the workers at Bilsthorpe Colliery and can supply copies of these for anybody who had a relative working there, especially useful for those who are tracing their family trees. Large models of equipment used in mines are on display as well as numerous cabinets with artefacts/memorabilia.
We are based in Bilsthorpe, at the rear of Village Hall on Cross Street. SATNAV NG228QY